The SCF panel at MWC: Cutting through the 5G hype
‘Lighting the path to 5G’ 4pm, Tuesday 28 February 2017
Amid all the 5G hype at this year’s Mobile World Congress, only one event will cut through the chatter and address the real world challenges of planning a next generation network.
We will be discussing
- What does the industry need to put in place, to ensure that migration from 4G (or 2G/3G) to 5G is smooth?
- If 5G is to embrace several radio technologies, including Wi-Fi, how important is the new air interface standard?
- Will 5G be deployed initially in macro cells, like 4G, or will it be small cell first?
- Which are the significant 5G use cases which will require densification, beyond what can be achieved in 4G?
- How important is virtualization to make the economic case for 5G density?
- What business model changes will be needed to maximize the impact of 5G technologies (e.g. neutral host, on-demand capacity, vertical market slicing)?
If you attend one 5G-related event in Barcelona this year, make it the Small Cell Forum 5G Panel – 4pm on Tuesday 28 in Hall 7 stand F61. A drinks reception will follow the event. Please register your interest.