Events Search and Views Navigation
REGISTER NOW The rural opportunity is changing. Are you prepared? The Summit will discuss many of the challenges for rural…Find out more »
Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers, analyzes the role of innovative connected health solutions in driving changes in consumer behaviours as…Find out more »
The UK Health Show, now in its third year, is the UK's leading show connecting senior healthcare decision makers, managers,…Find out more »
Partnering with Taiwan’s Department of Industrial Technology and Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA), this densification on the path to 5G workshop…Find out more »
At our Amsterdam Plenary, SCF working groups will be accelerating densification with new work programmes focused on siting policy, enterprise…Find out more »
In exclusive partnership with Avren, the whole wireless ecosystem is coming to Santa Clara for SCWS Americas this December. Co-located…Find out more »
REGISTRATION OPEN > Co-located with SCWS Americas (4-5 Dec) this event is one of SCF’s most important member Plenary meetings…Find out more »
Come see us in Hall 7, stand L65 The SCF team is getting pumped and prepped for a packed week of meetings,…Find out more »
Hosted by AT&T at their Atlanta offices, this member-only plenary will take place over Tues 2 April – Weds 3…Find out more »
SCF is proud to invite you to Small Cells World Summit 2019 – a two-day learning and networking event for…Find out more »
The SCF Small Cell Awards are an industry-recognized standard of excellence. Awards are open to members and non-members alike and…Find out more »
SCF is delighted to announce the dates for its autumn member plenary, co-located with Edge Computing Congress, London. Hot topics…Find out more »
The SCF AGM will be held as part of the London SCF member plenary, on 16-17 September. More information, will…Find out more »
SCF members are being offered a 15% discount on ticket entry. The discount code can be found on the SCF…Find out more »
SCF members will be attending MWC Los Angeles to explore the advanced capabilities of Intelligent Connectivity. Registration for MWC Los…Find out more »
DC5G is a two-day business leadership conference designed to through the noise surrounding 5G and drive conversations centered on action.…Find out more »
Small Cell Forum is again delighted to partner with the Taiwan Electric and Electronic Manufacturers’ Association, one of the six…Find out more »
Join the TIP community in Amsterdam On the 13-14 November 2019, industry leaders, business and engineering professionals, and the…Find out more »
Hosted by Crown Castle at their headquarters in Pittsburgh, this member-only plenary will take place over Wednesday 4 – Thursday 5 December 2019.
Sessions will revolve around the seven key topics listed below:
- 5G Small Cell & mmWave
- 5G FAPI & Split Options 6
- Management and Automation
- Edge Computing
- Private Networks
- Neutral Hosting
- 5G policy & Health Concerns
1a Opening Session
- Crown Castle hosts welcome: “Our perspective on the Small cell industry and requests for SCF to address”
- Prabhakar Chitrapu, AT&T, Chairman’s welcome
- Richard Kennedy, COO SCF, “Intelligence gained from traction with our recent outputs on 5G FAPI, SCWS and Precision planning with AI/ML”
- Julius Robson, CSO SCF, Workplan status and objectives for this plenary
- Session overviews from Work Item Leads
1b Orchestration, Automation and AI/ML
Part 1: Automation promotion Campaign 45mins: Richard Kennedy, SCF, CSO
- Analysis of feedback from [SCF230] precision planning campaign to inform a follow-up WI.
- Outline campaign for  Road-mapping SON & orchestration for 5G Era as well as the new management/automation works
- Strawman promotion campaign and content
- Discussion: Which aspects of automation/AI should SCF be looking at next? Who are the audience and what sort of messages should SCF be looking to develop in future Work Items? Which members is this most relevant to?
Part 2:  Small Cell management for the 5G Era (Balaji Raghothaman, Commscope)
- Member company presentations and views on the scope of this ongoing work item
- How well does this topic match requirements for ongoing work identified in the market analysis in part 1.
1c 5G Small Cell Components, Products, Architectures
 Reference 5G Product Configurations, (Vicky Messer, Picocom)
- Proposals for baseline configurations and reference architectures for 5G Small cell products to inform volume component specifications and engineering/operational planning around transport provisioning, capacity planning etc.
- +Further breakout discussions, time TBC
5G FAPI Update, incorporating  5G FAPI P19 RF Frontend API (Samel, Qualcomm)
- Remaining issues to address on P19 RF Frontend API
- Publishing P19 alongside P5 and P7: Timing/messages/audience?
- Proposal to define P4 API
- [SCF222] 5G FAPI P5,P7 (Clare, Intel)
1d 5G nFAPI and Split Option 6
 Split Option 6, 7 comparison (Ravi Sinha, Jio)
- Presentation of updated comparison of split options 6 and 7
- Discussion around mapping split options to scenarios. Should we include split option 2?
 5G nFAPI (Ganesh, Radisys)
- Progress update on specification work and current issues to address.
 NETCONF/YANG for 5G Option-6 RU (Balaji Raghothaman, Commscope)
- Linking development of the management model to the broader nFAPI work, understanding implications of transport on management model.
As a hosted event, numbers are limited for the plenary and pre-registration is essential. Registration will close on 29 November, or earlier if the quota is met. The SCF Full/Board Members delegate package rate for the 2-day plenary is £330.00 + VAT.
The Hilton Garden Inn is within walking distance of the Crown Castle offices. Book a room.
Hotel address: Hilton Garden Inn, Southpointe, 1000 Corporate Drive, Canonsburg, PA 1531