- This event has passed.
SCF Americas Plenary
5 December - 6 December
Co-located with SCWS Americas (4-5 Dec) this event is one of SCF’s most important member Plenary meetings and we’ll be developing many of the work items that were kicked off at our Amsterdam Plenary.
• The plenary will take place over Wed 5 Dec – Thurs 6 Dec
• Followed by the SCF Exec Board and WG chairs meeting on Fri am 7 Dec
Key meetings for the North America plenary include:
1. Monetizing Edge workshop: 16.00-17.00 Wed 5 Dec. Chaired by AT&T
Championed by AT&T, SCF has kicked off a new work stream to look at monetizing edge computing for service providers, focusing on key services and associated verticals. Member engagement with this work stream has been overwhelmingly positive and the objective of this workshop is to share perspectives and requirements, and identify core deliverables and timelines.
2. Small cells & smart buildings workshop: 14.00-16.30 Thurs 6 Dec. Hosted by TIA & SCF
SCF and TIA have partnered to develop definitions, classifications, specifications, standards and other documentation to support best practice for smart building developments, and to further the deployment of small cells within this context. This workshop, co-hosted by SCF and TIA, will outline the key developments to date, outline a roadmap for future collaboration and consider the synergies between smart buildings and SCF’S commercial property work stream.
3. Working group meetings – Wed 5 Dec – Thurs 6 Dec
5G & TECH group
• 5G (n)FAPI specifications
• 5G small cell working definition
• mmwave indoor small cell networks
• 5G Era use cases overview paper
• SON, Edge and Wi-Fi integration in 5G networks
Operations & Regulatory Group
• Capacity of 4G & 5G networks paper and the development of associated simulations to perform with commercially available planning tools
• Developing a two-page guide for city administration for small cell deployment
• Tools and processes to achieve regulatory alignment between the US and Europe
• IoT using small cells
• Monetizing neutral host small cells for transport corridors
• Case studies and business models for neutral host service provision targeting specific verticals.
• Commercial property market drivers & business models
• Accessible overviews of core 5G technologies using small cells
• Reporting & predicting small cell deployments worldwide
• Review 2018 and develop 2019 marketing plans, including PR
• Preparatory work for possible IOT gateway event next year.
This work program reflects the growing urgency to deploy small cell networks around the world to best support densification today and in preparation for future 5G networks. For more information about this event, please contact Member Services.
- 5 December
- 6 December
- Event Category:
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054 United States
- +1 408-200-1234