- This event has passed.
30 September - 7 October
Our AGM will be held on Wednesday 30 September during the plenary opening session, closing out the current membership year and marking the start of the new 2020-21 workplan.
Working sessions will be a combination of enhanced regular work item meetings and new topics, culminating in a ‘wrap-up and next steps’ session on Wednesday 7 October.
Weds 30 Sept 4-5pm (UK) AGM & Opening Plenary
- Leadership perspectives
- Market status
- Plenary objectives and session highlights.
Thurs, Fri, Mon, Tue, Wed – 1 hr calls in regular time slots 3-5pm (UK) led by topic leads.
Whether you are currently engaged in a work item or curious to find out more, we encourage you to join these calls. All members are welcome!
Thurs 1 Oct 3-5pm (UK)
- 5G FAPI [222,223,224, 225]
- 5G FAPI suite publications, analytics and adoption
- Plans for updates in 2020-21: 3GPP Rel 16
- 5G nFAPI
- See nFAPI roadmap in SCF226 About 5G nFAPI
- nFAPI updates
- FAPI PHY API updates
- Ecosystem support (management, transport, test, sync)
- 227 NETCONF/YANG management model for S-RUs
Fri 2 Oct 3-5pm (UK)
- Small Cell Management
- Harmonised management is key for end-end AI enabled automation, and small cells need lightweight and scalable models compared to feature rich macro counterparts
- Common data models needed for all types of 5G small cells (gNB, gNB-DU, S-RU)
- Changing ,management protocols and data model:
- 4G networks today use TR-069/TR196 protocol/model
- Future 5G standards are based on NETCONF/YANG
- Early 5G deployments are 4G+5G Non-Stand-Alone – so management support in legacy formats will simplify these deployments
- Need models which easily port to both legacy and future formats
- Small Cell Technologies
- What emerging technologies and trends should SCF be looking at?
- Edge computing API harmonisation and blueprinting
- V2X, Integrated Access Backhaul, Sync
Mon 5 Oct 2-5pm (UK)
- JOTS Neutral Host In Building update
- A year on since our last presentation, all five annexes – specifying how the UK MNOs plan to interact with neutral hosts in the ‘outsourced RAN’ model – are available as advanced drafts. See SCF mem016
- JOTS NHIB will share the thinking behind the JOTS approach to neutral hosting and the different aspects covered in the specifications
- Ports and Logistics Requirements
- Report back on conversations with the ports & logistics vertical
- Aim is to develop a requirement profile for private networks serving this vertical
- nFAPI Test Support
- 3GPP TS 38.141 specifies conformance tests for gNBs- applicable to integrated small cells. That said the majority of this tests the RF/PHY performance, so if we can use nFAPI to test the S-RU with the compliance tests, this provides confidence that when combined with DU and CU nodes, the whole gNB will conform
- Such testing can be used as design verification/pre-integration testing for S-RUs
- The remit of the nFAPI test support should also include production test/automation test support especially for S-RU, which would do a subset of tests for hardware validation and calibration
Tues 6 Oct 3-5pm (UK)
- Neutral hosting & Private Networks
- 231 options for indoor cellular
- Report back on initial take up of 231 Options for indoor cellular and 232 brochure
- Outline of ongoing engagement plan – How can we all leverage this work?
- 244 Neutral host requirements
- Member perspectives on different neutral hosting models: 30mins
- Debate: Differences and commonalities in approaches presented, & tasks for SCF 20mins
- 231 options for indoor cellular
Weds 7 Oct 3-5pm (UK)
- SCF Promotion and Commercialisation
- 2020 promotion campaigns
- PR achievements
- 2021 content plan
- Marketing strategy
- Closing Summary session
- Three minute take-aways summary for each session
- Summary of 2020-21 workplan, teams, and deliverable timing
- Final timetable for ongoing calls
- 30 September
- 7 October