Join Small Cell Forum for the latest in our successful workshop series in which we provide an update on the state of small cell deployments today as well as discussing and exploring what’s in store for small cell technology tomorrow.
The event is open to member and non-member firms deploying or developing small cells, and all those attending Small Cells Asia.
- Workshop opening: Where are we at today with small cells?
- Today’s deployment stories: Our members provide proofs of the value that small cells have already delivered to operators and enterprises of all shapes and sizes. A series of 10minute TED style presentations demonstrate small cells being used as a low cost way to rapidly provide indoor cellular coverage and capacity, which integrate with the enterprises IT and voice systems as well as freeing up capacity on the operator’s macro network. Submit your deployment stories and let us know if you want to present here »
- Tomorrow’s technologies: Our market analysis shows that growth so far is just the tip of the iceberg, and identifies what the industry must now do to open up as-yet untapped areas of the market. SCF has a six point work plan in place to develop technologies key the ongoing success of the small cell HetNet of tomorrow. Our work item champions will be presenting on:
- Enterprise. Our recent release six update comes as we turn the corner to a phase of rapid expansion of small cells in the enterprise.
- Multi Operator support is key to addressing verticals like retail, venues, BYOD. Requires operators and regulators to rethink sharing vs competition
- HetNet and SON will be our next big release this summer. Here we are refining technologies to reduce roll out and ongoing costs by automating the integration of small cells with other layers in the HetNet.
- Licence Exempt Spectrum is being leveraged by operators in a variety of ways from integrated carrier Wi-Fi through to LWA, LAA and Wi-Fi Calling. Our work item aims to provide a holistic view of these different approaches.
- Virtualisation SCF has evolved its widely adopted FAPI interface to support virtualised C-RAN architectures over exiting packet Ethernet transport.
- M2M and 5G: As the practitioners of small cells, SCF acts to ensure feedback from the field is incorporated into next generation standards so that they are practical, performing and profitable.
- Wrap up