SCF Small Cell Awards 2019 winners announced
The wait is over and we can reveal to you the winners of the SCF Small Cell Awards 2019!
Celebrating the very best in industry innovation and commercial excellence across 10 categories, the SCF Small Cell Awards are now in their 11th year.
Our category winners represent the depth and breadth of the industry and the diverse and impressive developments in small cells in 2018 and 2019.
We’d like to thank everyone who took part this year. The quality and quantity of entries increases year on year and identifying finalists is a tough job for our independent judging panel.
1. Excellence in Commercial Deployment (Urban)
Airspan and Sprint
AirStrand the world’s fastest deployed outdoor small cell
2. Excellence in Commercial Deployment (Enterprise)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Supercell helps deliver great cellular service to the middleprise
3. Excellence in Commercial Deployment of Rural, Remote and Temporary Small Cells
Parallel Wireless ALL G software enabled Open RAN connects on 6 continents
4. Software and Services – Management, automation and orchestration
Bence Command, ip.access, Druid Software, CellAntenna Corporation, Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Critical Communications via Portable LTE Small Cell Network helps Emergency Services save lives and protect the environment
5. Development of new architecture providing a clear path to future networks (5G, hyperdensity, vRAN).
Need for extreme capacity and the promise of 5G mmWave
6. Commercial Small Cell Design and Technology (Network & Xhaul)
SK Telecom’s World 1st 5G NR RF Repeater commercialization for 5G Coverage Extension
7. Outstanding Innovation in Small Cell Technology or Architecture
mmWave coverage with 5G innovation supporting small, scalable and cost-effective infrastructure
8. Outstanding Innovation in Small Cell Business Case
Dense Air – Unlocking the economics of small cell deployment
9. Outstanding contribution to open RAN and core platforms and ecosystems
Remote Radio Unit product supporting 7-2 VRAN Fronthaul Network
10. Social Impact – Promoting Small Cells for Social/Economic/Environmental Development
Dense Air and Dublin City Council
Enabling Neutral Host Small Cells providing unrivalled benefits to the city, mobile operators and citizens
Sprint and HARMAN
Beyond connectivity solution, a fresh approach to driving value into the small cell offer.
Individual Contribution to SCF Activities
Dr Clare Somerville, Intel
Dr Samel Celebi, Qualcomm
For their leadership and technical contributions
Graham Payne, Digital Colony
For his relentless promotion of the neutral host business model, especially in the context of connectivity for Enterprise.
2019 Awards Gallery